A Message from the Director
The Coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve. Our phased reopening plan prioritizes the safety and well-being of staff and patrons. Our goal is to bring back the things you love while ensuring the health of our community. We are taking a careful and measured approach in order to meet stringent new health and safety procedures.
Welcome back to the Main Library to look for books and check them out!
- No computers, copiers, or congregating during this phase.
- Masks are required.
- Please keep your visit brief and maintain distance from others.
- Monday – Friday, 9 am – 10 am is reserved for seniors and at-risk.
- The building is closed for cleaning Monday-Friday from 2-3 pm
Monday – Thursday 10 am- 2 pm and 3 pm- 8 pm
Friday, 10 am – 2 pm and 3 pm – 6 pm
Saturday, 10 am – 3 pm
Sunday, 1pm- 5 pm
The book drops at the Main Library and both Branch Libraries are open for returns of library materials.
Call 781-235-1610 to speak with a staff person for reference and library information.
- In-person Express Holds Pick-up is available from the Wakelin Room.
- Place holds on library items through the online catalog to take advantage of this service.
The Friends of the WFL ongoing sale is open at the Main Library! Donations of gently used books, CDs and DVDs may be placed into the silver bin just beyond the ongoing sale shelves.
- We are following the direction of Wellesley’s Board of Health Department on safety protocols.
- You can reach a librarian through our contact form or via chat from the website.
- The Virtual Branch (all website resources including e-books, databases, streaming, etc) is available 24/7 with your library card. Click here if you need a card.
All are encouraged to sign up for the Town of Wellesley News and Announcements for the latest updates.
Please stay healthy and remember to wash your hands.
Wellesley Free Library Director