A Message from the Director
The Coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve. Our phased reopening plan prioritizes the safety and well-being of staff and patrons. Our goal is to bring back the things you love while ensuring the health of our community. We are taking a careful and measured approach in order to meet stringent new health and safety procedures.
Welcome back to the Main Library to look for books and check them out!
- No computers, copiers, or congregating during this phase.
- Masks are required.
- Please keep your visit brief.
- Monday – Friday, 9 am – 10 am is reserved for seniors and at-risk.
- The building is closed for cleaning Monday-Friday from 2-3 pm
Monday – Thursday 10 am- 2 pm and 3 pm- 8 pm
Friday, 10 am – 2 pm and 3 pm – 6 pm
Saturday, 10 am – 3 pm
The book drop at the Main Library is open for returns of library materials.
All items currently have a due date of August 31, so there is no rush to return them.
Call 781-235-1610 to speak with a staff person for reference and library information.
- In-person Express Holds Pick-up is available from the Wakelin Room.
- Contact-free curbside pick-up is offered at the Main Library.
- Place holds on library items through the online catalog to take advantage of these services.
The Friends of the WFL ongoing sale is open at the Main Library! Please hold on to your book donations for now.
- Please be patient – we have thousands of requests to process! Staff work times are staggered for safety purposes. We are following the direction of Wellesley’s town officials and Board of Health Department on safety protocols.
- You can reach a librarian through our contact form or via chat from the website.
- The Virtual Branch (all website resources including e-books, databases, streaming, etc) is available 24/7 with your library card. Click here if you need a card.
All are encouraged to sign up for the Town of Wellesley News and Announcements for the latest updates.
Please stay healthy and remember to wash your hands.
Wellesley Free Library Director