The Wellesley Free Library Foundation (WFLF) supports overall excellence at the Wellesley Free Library through donations received from individuals and local small businesses and corporations. Donations may be made for current use, restricted and endowed purposes. The Foundation’s mission is to raise funds that will enhance:
Library Services including Collection Enhancement
- Additional copies of high demand books
- New & exciting databases
- E-books and other electronic additions
- Music, military history & business
Technology and Building Improvements
- Jackie’s Room, the technology training center, is largely privately funded
- Ipads, laptops & tablets to borrow
The Branch Libraries
- Vital neighborhood operation of the Hills and Fells Libraries are entirely privately funded.
Programs and Initiatives
- Tools and materials to engage early learners
Spotlight on 2016-2017 Initiatives
- IPad Bar in Periodicals Room to support digital magazine service enabling patron browsing both in the Main Library and at home.
- Creativity and Business Software to allow installation of specialized software like Adobe Illustrator, CADcam and other design software on public computers for patron use.
- Laptop Vending Kiosk which lends 10-12 Ipad devices.
- Stand-Up Self Check Kiosk for Hills and Fells Libraries.
For more information please contact the WFL Foundation Director of Development at 781-235-1610 x1127.