WFL Book Groups for Adults
New members always welcome!
Are you an early bird? Then this group is for you! All are welcome to join us for discussion and morning coffee. The group meets on the third Friday of each month from 10:00AM to 11:00AM. Copies of the monthly titles are available at the Reference Desk for you to borrow. Choices range from indie and foreign films to historical fiction books, memoirs and biography, and contemporary fiction. For more information, contact Deb Berenbaum at 781-235-1610 x 1220 or email@example.com. Visit the Library Events Calendar or drop by the reference desk to find out what we are reading.
- September 15, 2017 – Plainsong by Kent Haruf
- July 21, 2017 – When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- June 19, 2017 – Heft by Lizz Moore
- May 19, 2017 – Isaac’s Storm by Erik Larson
- April 21, 2017 – Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- March 17, 2017 – When the Emperor was Divine by Julie Otsuka
- February 17, 2017 – The Color of Water by James McBride
This group meets on the third Saturday of each month from 10:30AM to 12:00PM at the Hills Branch Library, 210 Washington St., Wellesley Hills. Drop by to give a ‘thumbs up’ or ‘thumbs down’ to your recent reading and come away with a list of recommended titles at this lively Book Chat. New members are always welcome. Visit the Library Events Calendar for more information or call the Reference Desk at 781-235-1610 x 1117. No sign up is necessary. Simply drop by the Hills Branch for this lively hour of book talk. For more information, contact Deborah Pelegrini-Yong.
Join us for a series of discussions about Pulitzer Prize for Fiction winning titles. This group meets the first Thursday of the month from 10:00AM to 11:00AM at the main library in the Arnold Room. Copies of the monthly titles are available at the Reference Desk. The schedule is as follows:
- March 2, 2017: The Stone Diaries – Carol Shields
- April 6, 2017: Shipping News – E. Annie Proulx
- May 4, 2017: A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain – Robert Olen Butler
- June 1, 2017: A Thousand Acres – Jane Smiley
- July 6, 2017: Breathing Lessons – Anne Tyler
- August 3, 2017: Beloved – Toni Morrison
- September 7, 2017: A Summons to Memphis – Peter Taylor
- October 5, 2017: Foreign Affairs – Alison Lurie
- November 2, 2017: Ironweed – William Kennedy
- December 7, 2017: The Color Purple – Alice Walker
Book Discussion Group Resources
Starting Your Own Book Group?
Need space to begin?
The Wellesley Free Library is pleased to help get new groups off to a comfortable start by offering the use of a meeting room. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handbooks found in the Wellesley Library
- The Reading Group Handbook
- Talk About Books
- The Complete Idiots Guide to Starting a Reading Group
- Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment and Reason
- The Best Novels of the Nineties
Reading Group Choices
Reading Group Choices selects discussible books and suggests discussion topics for reading groups. The company produces a printed guide annually that is distributed nationally to libraries, reading groups, book stores, community book festivals, and individuals. Its popular website offers interesting, informative, fun, and interactive material of interest to book clubs.
Reading Group Guides
The online community for reading groups. Find comprehensive guides for hundreds of groups.