- AtoZdatabases —Locate basic information on 24 million US business (additional modules on residential white pages, Canada, “lifestyles” marketing info and over 2 million job postings)
- Gale’s Business Collection—Access articles from over 2500 magazines and journals as well as news sources and reference books
- Gale’s Small Business Builder-A step-by-step online planning tool for starting, managing and optimizing a business or nonprofit.
- See investment databases below.
The Library subscribes to the following print publications including:
- Banker and Tradesman
- Barron’s (available at the reference desk on the 2nd floor)
- Best’s Review
- Boston Business Journal
- The Economist
- Investor’s Business Daily (available at the reference desk on the 2nd floor)
- Wall Street Journal
- These magazines and newspapers are located in the Periodicals Reading Room.
- Many more business publication are available online with Business Collection
- American Association of Individual Investors (in-library use only)
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
- Investor’s Business Daily (in-library use only)
- Value Line Research Center (in-library use only)
- American Association of Individual Investors
- Fidelity Monitor & Insight
- The Kiplinger Letter
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Morningstar newsletters (Dividend Investor, Fund Investor, Stock Investor, ETF Investor)
- Standard & Poor’s Outlook
- Value Line Investment Survey (including Small and Mid-Cap)
Other Business Resources
- Bankrate.com—loan rates, interest rates, bank and credit card comparisons
- Bigcharts—provides historical quotes, stock rankings, charts and rankings by industry
- Business.gov—the web site of the Small Business Administration provides information on all matters relating to small businesses: starting, financing, managing, obtaining government contracts, importing, etc.
- Corporations Division (of Secretary of the Commonwealth)—search for corporations, trademarks and liens, file forms, get information on taxes, UCC regulations and other offices under the Secretary.
- Kirstein Business Library—the business department of the Boston Public Library has an enormous collection of business resources—including business librarians.
- Massachusetts Trial Court Libraries—17 court libraries serve the state. The website provides a range of resources including laws, rules, court information, databases, forms, court cases and more.
- SCORE—connects entrepreneurs with experienced businesspeople for advice and mentorship
- Thomasnet.com—provides access to hundreds of thousands of manufacturers, distributors and services for business and industry.
Social Media Marketing Resources
Books & eBooks available through WFL: