Library Phased Reopening Plan
We are excited to announce our phased reopening plan for the Wellesley Free Library. This carefully managed plan takes into priority the safety and well-being of staff and patrons. Our goal is to bring back the things you love while ensuring the health of our community. We are taking a careful and measured approach in order to meet stringent new health, safety and hygiene procedures.
- Book drop at the Main Library reopens at 9 a.m. for returns only
All items currently have a due date of July 31, so there is no rush to return them.
- Phone reference and information are available at the Main Library at 781-235-1610 ext. 1104:
Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Contact-free curbside pick-up will begin at the Main Library.
Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Use our new app to schedule your curbside pickup online
Place holds on library items through the online catalog
When your holds are ready for pickup, log in to the app
- Sign in with your library card and password (PIN) and select Schedule a Pickup
- Pick your time slot
- Drive up to the Main Library entrance (parking lot side) and collect your bag from the cart
COVID-19 & LIBRARY MATERIALS
- WFL items typically take a minimum of 24 hours before they are re-circulated.
- Covid-19 can linger on cardboard for up to 24 hours and on plastic for up to 72 hours.
- Based on data from lab studies on COVID-19, and what is known about similar respiratory diseases, it may be possible for a person to contract COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes. This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
- The CDC has stated that the primary and most important mode of transmission for COVID-19 is through close contact from person-to-person.
- We have a backlog of 3200 requests to process while staggering staff work times for safety purposes.
- We continue to work toward opening the Main and Branch Libraries for patron access, following recommendations from the Board of Health Department on safety for staff and patrons.
- Please hold on to your donations.
- You can reach a librarian Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m. through our contact form or via chat from the website.
- The Virtual Branch (all website resources including e-books, databases, streaming, etc.) is available 24/7 all with your library card. Click here if you need a card.