Teen Fun & Games
Try these creative websites that will really let your creative mind going.
- Comic Master – Make your own online graphic novel.
- Underlined – An online community and self-publishing platform for young writers. Account creation required.
- Make Belief Comix – Create a web comic.
- Xtranormal – Turn your words into an animated movie with different characters and voices to choose from.
- National Novel Writing Month-For year round creators, don’t forget CampNano months, as well as the Young Writers Program (for those teens 17 & under). While the ‘actual event’ is held during the month of November, the forums are available year round. Sign-up required.
- Words Alive : various writing prompts, zine makers, and other literarily oriented resources!
Ready to have some fun? Try these popular addicting and fun games!
- Addicting Games – Free online games.
- Cartoon Network Games – Fun online games from the Cartoon Network.
- Gamestar Mechanic – Design your own online games.
- Shockwave Games – More free online games.
- Words with Friends – Multi-player word-building game, based on Scrabble. Download from the app store.
- IGN – Video game trailers, wikis, cheats, reviews, walk-throughs, and news.
Have fun browsing, streaming, and watching these awesome videos and media.
- Hoopla – Watch your favorite TV shows and movies for free on your computer or mobile device. Access with your Wellesley Free Library card!
- Netflix Party: Netflix Party is a Chrome extension for watching Netflix remotely with friends. It synchronizes video playback and adds group chat. Only works with Google Chrome Browser, & on a desktop or laptop.
- Movie trailers from Apple.
- Free streaming videos from Overdrive (sign in with your library card).
- Viz.com – Your source for watching Anime online (must disable any adblockers).
- The Metropolitan Opera-The Met Opera is streaming free showings of their most iconic operas for free. Available via Chromecast, Roku, and other streaming devices, as well as online.
Get your groove on with these audio and music resources.
- AllMusic.com – Information about and tracks from the latest music releases. Sign-up required.
- Hoopla – Listen to your favorite music as well as audio books for free on your computer or mobile device. Access with your Wellesley Free Library card!
- Pandora Radio – Create and listen to your own internet radio station(s). Hear new artists based on what you like.
- Spotify – Log in with your Facebook account and stream music for free.
Additional relaxation and entertainment options can be found here.
Mental Health & Wellness Resources during Stay At Home: Resources from outside the Wellesley Free Library