WFL Teens Discord Server
The Wellesley Free Library is creating a Discord server for teens!
Discord is a text, video and voice based chat app that allows for safe and secure communications with friends. In the WFL Teens server you can: Hang out, chat about books you are reading or what you are watching or listening to!, share art you’ve made, ask a librarian questions, attend virtual programs and clubs, meet up for online games and so much more!
This server is for Wellesley teens to share, socialize, and visit the library virtually.
- To join the server, fill out our online form and a staff member will get back to you within 1-4 days.
- If you have any questions or haven’t received an invitation in a timely manner, please contact our teen librarian Melanie or other Information Services staff (Welmail3@minlib.net), and someone will get back to you as soon as possible!
- While you wait for your approval, you can create your free Discord account on the discord website or download the app to your phone, tablet or computer.
- For more information about Discord and their safety guidelines, visit their Safety Center.
- The invite you receive will only work for you and is only valid for 48 hours. Please direct friends to also fill out this form to receive their own!
Wellesley Free Library Teen Discord Server Rules
The server is for teens who live or attend school in Wellesley.
By joining, using, participating, and remaining on this server you confirm that you are currently a teenager (ages 13-18). 19-year olds who are still in High School are also eligible to join up until their High School graduation.
Wellesley Free Library uses social media (such as this Discord server) to maintain a welcoming online presence where people can learn about, share, find out about library events, hang out online in a safe space, and discuss library-related topics with staff and other users.
In order to encourage a safe, online community everyone is expected to follow these guidelines:
- Be polite and respectful of each other, yourself, and the library staff.
- No trolling, spamming, bullying, or hate speech of any sort will be tolerated.
- Refrain from “callouts” or personal attacks.
- Protect your privacy and the privacy of others.
- Keep things PG. Do not post graphic content, including explicit language, sexual content, gore, or inappropriate jokes.
- Do not post advertisements or try to sell anything.
- Do not conduct or encourage illegal activity.
- Use an appropriate name, avatar and status.
- You are responsible for your actions on our server.
- The library is not responsible for anything that happens on this server.
- The Librarian reserves the right to delete comments, mute, and ban any member from the server should these rules be ignored.
The WFL Teens Discord server abides by the following documents, and requires anyone on the server (including teens, volunteers, and library staff) to also abide by these documents:
Discord’s Community Guidelines
Discord’s Terms of Service
The Wellesley Free Library Rules of Conduct Policy
Help! I am in the server but cannot see all the channels/join voice chats/post things.
A verification process is in place to ensure all users are authorized.
To access the full server and post in all the chats, you will need to go through the verification process to be accepted to the server. Once you do so you will be assigned a role and gain the remaining access shortly.
Help! I am in the server and see all the channels, but cannot post anything!
The server currently has limited open hours. The server is switched to read only when library staff is unavailable to monitor. As soon as the server is open again you will be able to post!
I’m bored! What can I do on this server?
Currently, we have a number of channels for book discussion, arts and crafts you’ve made, fun memes, etc. You can discuss what you are doing, ask questions of the librarian or more. Additionally we are taking suggestions on what sort of things and activities YOU want to see on the server and in the physical Library as well.